Now displaying: Page 1
Two teachers from Bassett Unified School District in La Puente, California, talking about Technology Integration, giving ideas, troubleshooting, talking about SAMR and why we need tech in classrooms. This was a great way to get PD out to our teachers and we thought we should share it with everyone. Here it is. Visit our district page here: www.bassettusd.org and our resources at www.tomtalksabout.com
Mar 7, 2017
- Episode 34 "Cue Jitters"
- Going to a conference- how do you prepare?
- Prep Before:
- Business Cards, make sure you bring them
- Something to take notes with, your choice analog/digital
- Chargers for electronic devices
- Twitter handle- if you don't have one make one. You miss half the conference without one.
- Comfy shoes and walking clothes
- Tools for going as a team?
- Meet before and decide on sessions.
- does it benefit you to split up to cluster into sessions?
- decide on a tool for communicating while at the conference
- text message, voxer, phone calls, emails
- Debrief each day and review the next day's offerings
- How can we continue to collaborate while in different sessions?
- Google slides
- Take photos
- Etiquette for attending-
- Be active in your sessions, if you a have questions, ask.
- get the link or the handouts. Bookmark them in a folder so you can keep organized (or use google keep!)
- If you have a question that requires more than a one or two sentence answer, better to ask after the session, or by email/DM
- Documenting your journey
- Twitter handles and qr codes.
- Online resources
©Tom Covington & Michael Jephcott