Now displaying: Page 1
Two teachers from Bassett Unified School District in La Puente, California, talking about Technology Integration, giving ideas, troubleshooting, talking about SAMR and why we need tech in classrooms. This was a great way to get PD out to our teachers and we thought we should share it with everyone. Here it is. Visit our district page here: www.bassettusd.org and our resources at www.tomtalksabout.com
Feb 28, 2017
- Code Café (lessons learned)
- Don't assume a challenge area will be used by a certain age group. Our Kinders went to the most challenging areas and thrived.
- Need more devices
- A Plus-Students were training each other
- shared story of student sick at home but wanted to come to school anyways because it was her turn in the Code Café
- Rainy days
- Sharing apps between grade levels-erasing progress, restarting app,
- Questions from the mailbag- Ascension Reyes-Technology Resource Teacher-De Anza Magnet School-El Centro Elementary
- How do you like Office365 and all of its features Onenote class notebook, Sway, Skype in the classroom, Forms, Microsoft classroom etc. in comparison to Google Apps for Education & Google Classroom?
- What does your district use?
- podcasts we are listening to
- check this out-Ryan and Brian long but has gems.
- learn with John Eick quick and to the point, and I love his excitement and sound effects
- Drunks and Dragons, Dark Secret Place special interest
- Cult of Pedagogy-Jennifer Gonzalez
- Ridgelife Podcast-Kyle Anderson
- Different styles and purposes of podcasts.
- long format conversational
- short format tips and tricks
- tips and news
- edtech focus or not
- different audiences- tailor your propose to that
©Tom Covington & Michael Jephcott