In they special Bonus Episode, we cover
1. the growing homeless crisis in SoCal,
2. What the actual definition of homeless is according to the McKinney-Vento Act,
3. What specific rights are guaranteed to homeless students in our districts,
4. Resources within our school district and other school districts for our homeless students,
5. Questions leaders should be considering as we reopen campus in regards to homeless education,
6. Tips to help teachers recognize homeless students, and ways teachers can help these students in and out of the classroom, and finally,
7. resources from LA County (https://www.211la.org) to help residents with homelessness, as well as a wide variety of issues. I researched the topic thought he LACOE website (https://www.lacoe.edu/Student-Services/Homeless-Children-Youth) , the CDE website (https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/hs/), and even national resources from the National Center for Homeless Education website (https://nche.ed.gov/).